Objectives of the Session
1. To present efforts made and Colombia's achievements in land use, housing supply, water, services, and infrastructures, since the enactment of the Territorial Development Law of 1997, and since the creation of the various programs sponsored by the National Government in the last 4 years.
2. To present the evolution of urban policies that the country has adopted in perspective of achieving social equity, poverty reduction and improvement of the quality of life of citizens.
3. To show the urban and financial instruments that Colombia has developed to give concrete answers to the need of overcoming the qualitative and quantitative deficit of housing, facilitating the land use, clean water supply, infrastructures and access of vulnerable households to decent housing, giving priority to medium and small cities, from a reading of the challenges and opportunities offered by urban centres.
4. To show efforts made by the National Government in coordination with local governments, in order to promote cities that address social inclusion and orderly development.
5. To show the major challenges that the country, its regions and cities are facing today or the development of innovative cities that respond to the needs of post-conflict.
Missed the event? View the recording on UN Web TV
See the concept note.